Brain Injury Statistics
Each year in The United States:
- Approximately 1.5 million Americans sustain Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) ranging from mild to severe
- 51,000 people die from TBI
- 230,000 people are hospitalized due to TBI and survive
- More than 1 million are treated in emergency departments for TBI
- An estimated $56 billion is spent on direct and indirect costs as a result of all TBI
- 80,000 to 90,000 Americans experience onset of long-term disability from TBI
Click Image To Enlarge
Because a brain injury can cause physical, cognitive and emotional consequences that can affect a person for a lifetime, it is important that Brain Injury is understood and that competent, highly qualified legal help be obtained.
At De Caro & Kaplen, LLP, we concentrate our practice on representing persons with traumatic brain injury as well as their families. We take great pride in representing our clients with compassion and zeal to see that justice is done.
De Caro & Kaplen, LLP
20 Vesey Street
Phone: (212) 732-2262
Toll free: 1-866-BrainLaw